Human Resource Studies
The Master's program in Human Resource Studies is an unique multidisciplinary degree program at a high academic level for those wishing to study the broad field of people, work, and organizations. Many organizations nowadays subscribe to the notion that people are their main assets. Huge amounts of time, money, and effort are spent on people management and employee development in order to improve individual and, ultimately, organizational performance. The Master's program provides you with a critical understanding of the importance of people for the performance of organizations.
Anchored in practice
Focus on academic and personal skills
Interactive and engaging teaching methods
Extended Master HRS
If you are an excellent student and want an additional challenge to distinguish yourself from your fellow students, we offer you the Extended Master HRS. The Extended Master is an extension and deepening of the regular graduate program. It provides you with relevant experiences and learning opportunities to enhance your professional and academic skills and knowledge. Within this Extended Master, we offer three different tracks.
Į magistro studijų programas gali stoti visi, baigę universitetą arba besimokantys paskutiniame kurse. Studijos kurias baigei ar tebesimokai turi būti panašios krypties kaip ir tos, į kurias nori stoti, kadangi priėmimas yra paremtas ECTS kreditų suderinamumu.
- ECTS kreditų išrašas - jei dar nesi baigęs aukštosios mokyklos, būtina prisegti ECTS kreditų išrašą, kuriame būtų matyti, kokius dalykus Tu mokeisi bei kokius pažymius ir kiek kreditų už juos gavai. Kai siunti anketą paskutiniame kurse, diplomą reikia prisegti vėliau, kai tik jį gausi.
- Bakalauro diplomas – jei jau esi baigęs aukštąją mokyklą, išrašo nereikia, užtenka prie anketos prisegti savo Bakalauro diplomą.
Anglų kalbos žinias gali patvirtinti vienu iš šių būdų:
- IELTS – 6.5 (ne mažiau nei 6.0 iš kiekvienos dalies)
- TOEFL – 90
In order to be accepted directly onto our Master's program in Human Resource Studies, you will be required to have the following academic background:
A Bachelor's and/or a Master's degree oriented towards works, personnel and organizational issues e.g. Human Resource Studies, Business Studies, Organization Studies;
Basic knowledge about the social sciences e.g. sociology, psychology, economics, research methods and statistics;
Relevant knowledge about subjects in the field of Human Resource Studies e.g. sociology of organizations, organizational psychology, human resource management.
We do not require a standard format for this letter but it should be about 250-500 words. It should explain:
- How you meet the specific criteria for admission mentioned above, with specific reference to your academic background.
- Why you want to follow this program of study e.g. what specifically appeals to you about the content of this program.
- Why you want to study at Tilburg University.
- What you have done in addition to your academic studies in this field.
- What added value you consider you could bring to our international classroom.
- What you would like to do after you have completed this degree.
The motivation letter must be specifically written for your application for this program at Tilburg University
Range of careers for graduates in Human Resource Studies
Graduates are equipped to analyze and advise on HR, work, and organizational issues, such as understanding the underpinnings of HR decisions and their consequences for work, well-being, and performance, or to implement new HR policies in the context of a changing environment.
There are excellent opportunities for graduates who wish to pursue positions like:
All-round HR professional,
HR specialist (e.g., Learning & Development, Compensation & Benefits),
or HR researcher.
Inquiries among our alumni show that HRS graduates progress quickly in their careers to senior, strategic, and managerial HR roles.