The MSc in Political Science is the flagship degree of our top European political science department, whose high ratings and research attract academics from around the globe to its vibrant community of scholars. This is a high-quality, two-year programme for those who seek a comprehensive political science education focusing on research design and methodology. The programme gives students the possibility of specialising in the subfields of comparative politics, political theory, political sociology, international relations, public policy or public administration.
The MSc in Political Science is flexible, giving students the opportunity to design their own course programme. Talented students may even be offered a chance to work as research assistants on on-going projects. Some students will spend a semester abroad at one of our partner institutions or do an internship in a company or organisation.
Program structure you can find here.
Į magistro studijų programas gali stoti visi, baigę universitetą arba besimokantys paskutiniame kurse. Studijos kurias baigei ar tebesimokai turi būti panašios krypties kaip ir tos, į kurias nori stoti, kadangi priėmimas yra paremtas ECTS kreditų suderinamumu.
ECTS kreditų išrašas - jei dar nesi baigęs aukštosios mokyklos, būtina prisegti ECTS kreditų išrašą, kuriame būtų matyti, kokius dalykus Tu mokeisi bei kokius pažymius ir kiek kreditų už juos gavai. Kai siunti anketą paskutiniame kurse, diplomą reikia prisegti vėliau, kai tik jį gausi.
Bakalauro diplomas – jei jau esi baigęs aukštąją mokyklą, išrašo nereikia, užtenka prie anketos prisegti savo Bakalauro diplomą.
Anglų kalbos žinias gali patvirtinti vienu iš šių būdų:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL – 83 . Aarhus universiteto TOEFL kodas yra 8935.
- In general, admission to a Master’s degree programme requires successful completion of a relevant and recognised university degree equivalent to a Danish Bachelor’s degree in level and length (180 ECTS).
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 80 ECTS within the fields of political science (comparative politics, political institutions, political conduct, political theory, political sociology, international politics, policy analysis and public administration and political science methodologies) and a minimum of 60 ECTS within the fields of political science (see above) or general social sciences (e.g. methodology, economics, sociology, psychology or law) and a minimum of 20 ECTS of political science research methods.
In addition to the general documentation requirements, you must upload the following documentation to your application:
- Statement of relevance: a brief statement in English (1-2 pages) which explains:
- the relevance of your Bachelor’s degree in relation to the Master’s programme
- your career plans
- the courses in your Bachelor’s degree which have particular relevance to the Master’s programme
- Curriculum vitae
- All applicants must submit a Curriculum Vitae (CV) describing your relevant educational and work experience in chronological order.
- You may enclose additional documentation of relevant work experience, letters of recommendation, etc.
Along with the application the applicant must upload:
- Course descriptions in English briefly describing the contents of the applicant's specific BA courses or other information that will contribute to describing the contents of the applicant's Bachelor's degree programme (may be translated by the applicant, but certified by the applicant's university).
- Official descriptions of relevant courses to be completed after the application deadline.
- An official description of the marking scale used at the applicant's home university.
The MSc degree in Political Science provides access to a number of jobs in both public administration and in private sector companies and organisations. Journalist, headhunter, consultant or folk high school principal are examples of the job profiles of political science graduates, but most graduates are employed as heads of departments or managers in Danish organisations and government institutions. The EU and the embassies also take their share of graduates with an MSc degree in Political Science.