Why study Pedagogical Sciences at Radboud University?
- You’ve got some freedom when picking your courses. You choose one of eight Master’s specialisations and can still take (additional) courses belonging to other specialisations. The schedule is geared to this: electives are never taught simultaneously.
- Teaching takes place in small groups allowing for plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion.
- Upon completing your programme, you have a broad pedagogical basis and are specialised in a certain field.
- You will be trained according to the scientist-practitioner model. This means that you will navigate between science and practice. Your actions in the field are based on academic theories and in turn you’ll test your experiences in the field to the same theories. Your teachers, all experts in their field, will help you make the link between application and research.
- In most instances, when you’ve completed your Master’s programme in Pedagogical Sciences you will also receive a diagnostic certification. This will allow you to further develop in the clinical professional within the Netherlands.
Specialisations in Pedagogical Sciences
Read more about the specialisations in Pedagogical Sciences, including comprehensive information on our approach to this field, the programme outline and career prospects. Two are offered in English and the rest are taught in Dutch.
- Diversities in Youth Care
The specialisation Diversities in Youth Care challenges you to look at care giving and welfare policies differently. You will gain specific knowledge and develop a sixth sense on the health care needs of young people.
- Gifted Education
You will learn how to identify the needs of a gifted pupil. Giftedness is more than IQ. You will study how personal characteristic abilities, and surroundings influence each other. You will investigate the conflict between stimulating talent and being fearful of doing so.
Į magistro studijų programas gali stoti visi, baigę universitetą arba besimokantys paskutiniame kurse. Studijos kurias baigei ar tebesimokai turi būti panašios krypties kaip ir tos, į kurias nori stoti, kadangi priėmimas yra paremtas ECTS kreditų suderinamumu.
- ECTS kreditų išrašas - jei dar nesi baigęs aukštosios mokyklos, būtina prisegti ECTS kreditų išrašą, kuriame būtų matyti, kokius dalykus Tu mokeisi bei kokius pažymius ir kiek kreditų už juos gavai. Kai siunti anketą paskutiniame kurse, diplomą reikia prisegti vėliau, kai tik jį gausi.
- Bakalauro diplomas – jei jau esi baigęs aukštąją mokyklą, išrašo nereikia, užtenka prie anketos prisegti savo Bakalauro diplomą.
Anglų kalbos žinias gali patvirtinti vienu iš šių būdų:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL – 90
In order to get admission to this Master’s programme you will need a completed Bachelor’s degree in Pedagogical Sciences.
Knowledge of relevant domains in the field of Pedagogical Sciences (16 ECTS or more)
You have completed courses on subjects like:
(special) education and learning
ethics and philosophy
Proficiency in academic writing and critical reflection (15 ECTS or more)
As demonstrated by courses in which you’ve written a thesis, essay or research report. A sample of your written work must be submitted with your application. Your academic skills and ability to meet the publication requirements of the American Psychological Association (APA) will be assessed.
Proficiency in empirical research practice (20 ECTS or more)
You have completed courses on:
research methodology used within the social sciences, including knowledge on inter- and intra-individual research designs (e.g. experiments, surveys, observational studies) and psychometrics
You have hands-on experience with data-analysis software and you are able to report and interpret qualitive or quantitative results according to the standards of the APA.
Proficiency in maintaining a professional attitude (8 ECTS or more)
You have completed courses on (therapeutic) interview techniques or have done an internship.
The programme pays a great deal of attention to the experience gained during practice and placement. After graduation you will be well prepared for the current job market.
Graduating with a Master’s in Pedagogical Sciences from Radboud University allows you work in many roles, including: clinical supervisor, policy advisor, teacher trainer, developer, policy officer, researcher, trainer, tutor, and coach.
You will be able to work in a variety of environments, for example: international aid agencies, municipalities, and institutes for applied research. You will also be able to work with a variety of people, including: those with disabilities, youth groups, children, and others. You may also choose to continue your education in a number of ways, for example, by training to become a psychologist.