|Universitetas:||University of St Andrews (Scotland)|
|Miestas, šalis:||St.Andrews, England|
|Studijų trukmė:||4 m.|
|Studijų kaina:||0 €|
This programme will involve study of Chemical Sciences at an advanced, research-led level in which students will gain an understanding of how knowledge is created, advanced and renewed. The programme will encourage in all students a desire to pursue learning with curiosity, integrity, tolerance and intellectual rigour.
- Detailed knowledge of the major areas of inorganic, organic and physical chemistry including a wide range of factual information and experimentally observed phenomena and the historical development and current application of derived theoretical and mechanistic concepts
- Ability to solve unseen chemical problems, both qualitative and quantitative, by interpretation and manipulation of experimental data
- Ability to critically evaluate published experimental research results and use them to inform and direct the progress of on-going research.
- Hands-on experience of the main laboratory skills in modern chemistry. Familiarity with and experience in using standard laboratory equipment for preparative, analytical and measurement-based experimental work
- Experience of keeping an accurate record of the experimental work performed in the format required for publication in a Royal Society of Chemistry journal
- Experience in processing and interpreting experimental data, carrying out the required calculations and presenting the results in an appropriate format
- Ability to present chemical research results to a technically literate audience by means of an oral presentation, a scientific poster or a written report
- Ability to retrieve, critically evaluate, and present in an appropriate format information from the chemical literature
- Experience in writing about a scientific topic in a format suitable for a lay audience
- Time management skills involving planning and execution of a programme of experimental research work, processing and presentation of the results
- Team working and networking skills
- Ability to assimilate and integrate knowledge gained in the course of different modules throughout the various years of study and to apply this when required.
This is a four-year programme of study leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science (Honours). As with all St Andrews programmes, it is made up of credit bearing modules. Students must earn 480 credits over the duration of the programme, with 120 credits normally earned each academic year. Typically, the first two years of study include core modules specific to the programme as well as other modules chosen from a range of options (in some cases, including modules from a different Faculty). The remaining years offer advanced research-led learning through modules that provide a programme-specific curriculum.
Stojant į šį universitetą dėmesys yra kreipiamas į pažymius ir Brandos atestato vidurkį, kuris turi būti ne žemesnis kaip 9 + 3 valstybiniai egzaminai išlaikyti ne mažiau kaip 90%. Taigi, labai svarbu yra ne tik atitikti stojimo reikalavimus, bet ir turėti kuo geresnius pažymius!
- Pažymių išrašas - jei dar nesi baigęs mokyklos, būtina prisegti pažymių išrašą. Smulkesnę informaciją kaip pildyti išrašą ir kada jis reikalingas, rasi čia.
- Brandos atestatas – jei jau esi baigęs mokyklą, išrašo nereikia, užtenka prie Kastu stojimo anketos prisegti savo Brandos atestatą.
Svarbu, jog anglų kalbos testo rezultatai universitetą pasiektų iki Liepos 31d.
Anglų kalbos žinias gali patvirtinti vienu iš šių būdų:
- IELTS - 6.0
- TOEFL – 80
St Andrews Chemistry graduates are highly employable. Chemistry graduates have never been more in demand and they are keenly sought by major companies but there are also exciting opportunities in a new generation of innovative grassroots companies. Of course our chemists also enter diverse fields such as management, accountancy, marketing,and teaching as they are perceived as numerate and discriminating graduates. Recent Chemistry graduates from St Andrews have gone on to find success in a wide variety of careers in industry and business including (amongst many others):
- Professional chemists in the chemical and pharmaceutical industries
- Management consultants
- Investment bankers
- Forensic scientists
- Patent Lawyers
- Journalism and the media
- Various careers in the food industry (including Brewing)
- Marketing and advertising
For example, one of our most recent graduates is an Assistant Chemist for the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency, another is an Ice Cream Technologist for Unilever, while a third is a Process Engineer for Shell. Of those who graduated the previous year, one is Scottish Sales Manager for Brit Poly Industries, another is working as a commercial underwriterfor ACSure Insurance and another is a trainee chartered accountant with Cook & Co.